Thaimaa-info.com Foorumin päävalikko Thaimaa-info.com

ValokuvakansioValokuvakansio  OhjeOhje   HakuHaku   KäyttäjälistaKäyttäjälista   KäyttäjäryhmätKäyttäjäryhmät   RekisteröidyRekisteröidy 
 KäyttäjätiedotKäyttäjätiedot   SudokuSudoku   Kirjaudu sisään tarkistaaksesi yksityiset viestitKirjaudu sisään tarkistaaksesi yksityiset viestit   Kirjaudu sisäänKirjaudu sisään 

Finnish men´s partnerships with Thai women

Lähetä uusi viesti   Vastaa viestiin   tulostus ystävällinen näkymä    Thaimaa-info.com Foorumin päävalikko -> English forum
Näytä edellinen aihe :: Näytä seuraava aihe  
Kirjoittaja Viesti
Oki
Dzamyyn จมื่น

LähetäLähetetty: 17.6.2005 22:07    Viestin aihe: Finnish men´s partnerships with Thai women Vastaa lainaamalla viestiä

Doctoral thesis by Hannu Sirkkilä (m.pol.sc): "Breadwinner or eroticism. How Finnish men legitimatize their partnerships with Thai women."
(Väitös: Tavallinen thaimaalainen vaimo, H. Sirkkilä, VTM)

http://info.adm.jyu.fi/main/portti/tiedotteet/2005/06/3626/show_announcement?text=1

ABSTRACT

Breadwinner or eroticism. How Finnish men legitimatize their partnerships with Thai women.
Diss.

This study examines Finnish-Thai couples based on interviews of Finnish men. The material of this study includes 18 narratives based on 16 personal interviews and two email answers. The data was analysed thematically with the help of narrative analysis and analysis of narratives.

The major aim of this research was to show how the Finnish men legitimatized their partnerships with Thai women because such couples have a problematic image. The common opinion is that men who have a wife from Thailand have a number of problems: they have found it difficult to find wives in Finland or are interested in sex tourism. In the interviews, the men needed to legitimatize themselves, their wives and their partnerships.

The theoretical starting point of this study was men’s studies. In the theoretical section I present changes in men’s lives, practices and masculinity. I explain how partnerships are formed and changed and on what the relationship between husband and wife is based. Globalization has enabled this type of partnership, and bicultural marriages have become more common also in Finland. One example of the globalization of gender is sex tourism; some of these relationships did begin as sex tourism.

These couples present an alternative to the Finnish gender contract. After the immigration of these Thai women, the new families conformed to the breadwinner-housewife model, which has been uncommon in Finland. At the beginning, the roles of husband and wife were strongly separated but, after the first few years, the couples became like any other couples in Finland. The men could be divided into three generations on the basis of how they legitimatized their partnerships. The oldest men described their partnerships as traditional, those of the middle-aged generation emphasized equality and the youngest generation had a post-modern flexibility on which to build their gender practices.
Takaisin alkuun
Näytä käyttäjän tiedot Lähetä yksityinen viesti
Kanokthip

LähetäLähetetty: 18.6.2005 23:21    Viestin aihe: Re: Finnish men´s partnerships with Thai women Vastaa lainaamalla viestiä

Oki kirjoitti:
The common opinion is that men who have a wife from Thailand have a number of problems: they have found it difficult to find wives in Finland or are interested in sex tourism. In the interviews, the men needed to legitimatize themselves, their wives and their partnerships.

Shocked The thesis sound funny at least to me. I don't know what kind of men the writer have interviewed and why did they find it difficult to find wives in Finland. It's quite interesting for me to know what were the reasons drankers? uglies? problem with sexuality? or what? I have seen many finnish men who have thai wives they look nice and I also think that they could have finnish wives if they wanted too. I think men who go to Thailand every year or for the first time are not going there for sex. Many men go there for holiday, business trip or what ever. And I would like to say that not all women who live here have been involve in sex tourism. There are many reason how Thai women can marrried to finnish men 1. introduced by their own relatives, friends, chat contact or 2. some women were working in the hotels, restuarants or others so they did have chanced to know each other by that. I think the writer should make more survey at least 50-100 interviews (for reliable information) not only 18 interviews. However, I respected writer opinion because people think difference but I don't think it's right at all even the writer are going to be doctor or master.

Viimeinen muokkaaja, Kanokthip pvm 18.6.2005 23:30, muokattu 2 kertaa
Takaisin alkuun
schnappi

LähetäLähetetty: 18.6.2005 23:27    Viestin aihe: Vastaa lainaamalla viestiä

There is love between me and my wife. That's fucking cool. And we have a baby boy too. That's fun! Cool
Takaisin alkuun
Kanokthip

LähetäLähetetty: 18.6.2005 23:30    Viestin aihe: Vastaa lainaamalla viestiä

Jep, it's enough if there is love between two people. Smile
Takaisin alkuun
p0711k

LähetäLähetetty: 19.6.2005 7:10    Viestin aihe: fin/thai marriage Vastaa lainaamalla viestiä

I'm married thai (so far), and have been married before, couple of times western vomen too and having 3 children from previous marriage.
When I now (sometimes) meet husbands of my thai wife firends, at least I'm thinking that many of them do have some problems to get along with western women, which have forced them to have thai women.
Of course this it not true in all cases, but this puts me to more valuate and consider of what is wrong with husbands of my wifes thai friends.
Takaisin alkuun
Kanokthip

LähetäLähetetty: 19.6.2005 18:02    Viestin aihe: Re: fin/thai marriage Vastaa lainaamalla viestiä

p0711k kirjoitti:

When I now (sometimes) meet husbands of my thai wife firends, at least I'm thinking that many of them do have some problems to get along with western women, which have forced them to have thai women.
Of course this it not true in all cases, but this puts me to more valuate and consider of what is wrong with husbands of my wifes thai friends.

1. Why thai men don't get along with western women? I think maybe because of language barrier and normally women and men act differently to opposite genders.

2. Comparing between Thai women and Western women, western women are bigger size than Thai women, so many men like ladies who are in good shape. Very Happy

3. What is wrong with them? I think maybe they have hot-tempered when they get drunk immidately start to argued with their wives (girl friends) and kicks, so no one can stand that even Thai women. Maybe that's the reason why Thai women like western men too (because they don't kicks their wives when they drunk but only sleep). This is joke! but it could be the reasons for some cases. Very Happy
Takaisin alkuun
K9
Vieras

LähetäLähetetty: 19.6.2005 21:25    Viestin aihe: Vastaa lainaamalla viestiä

Well..

First of all, almost everyone finnish tourist are very rich
and only drink on their holidays.
They usually have money more than someone can burn it
at the same time..
They are wise, loud and millionaires on their holidays,
asia, south europe, russian, (you name it )

It´s not an suprise that everyone fall in love with these guys
( i included ) BUT, the realisim hits to the face here in scandinavia.
Takaisin alkuun
east

LähetäLähetetty: 20.6.2005 0:24    Viestin aihe: Vastaa lainaamalla viestiä

Lots of men are used to traveling and working with foreign people, and for them a Thai is not more special than somebody else. It's two people or two souls who marry, not two stereotypes. I guess that if as many Finnish men visited countries like Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela etc. as Thailand, there would lots of wives from those countries in Finland. As Khun Kanokthip said, it's not bad to be small and in good shape and look and behave like a lady. Some Finnish women, not all, are so cold and hard and tough that they simply run over men, and they want to conquer men and put men under them. If a man likes equality, which doesn't mean the Finnish version where women are more equal than men, why not marry a lady who believes in equality, and not fight for the rest of your life Wink Buddhism is quite a "harmless" religion and it doesn't cause any friction between the couple. The rude talks come from people who are envious, and Finnish women are furious and bitter because they lose their total control over men when they lose in the feminine competition Wink Not all Finnish men drink even though some men drink.
Takaisin alkuun
Kanokthip

LähetäLähetetty: 21.6.2005 11:09    Viestin aihe: Vastaa lainaamalla viestiä

When I said drunkers I meant "Thai men" not "Finnish men". I also meant that Thai men have hard time to get along with western women because of some reasons. I didn't compare anything between Finnish women and Thai women neither Thai men and Finnish men. Because not finnish men are drunkers and many finnish women are pretty, I know that too.
Takaisin alkuun
east

LähetäLähetetty: 22.6.2005 0:12    Viestin aihe: Vastaa lainaamalla viestiä

No problem Khun Kanokthip, I don't think anybody misunderstood you. It is true some Finnish men drink, but the amount of drinking Finnish women is rising too. Drinking Finnish women are just a taboo, that is not talked about. I don't know the exact figure, but I think at least 20 % of Finnish women smoke. That figure is considerably lower in Thailand. Thai ladies simply don't smell, they have a wonderful scent. If you are a man, and you want to find a lady, who doesn't drink or smoke or is not overweight, that drastically limits your chances in Finland, and it's not a bad idea to head for east Wink Very Happy
Takaisin alkuun
Näytä edelliset viestit:   
Lähetä uusi viesti   Vastaa viestiin   tulostus ystävällinen näkymä    Thaimaa-info.com Foorumin päävalikko -> English forum Kaikki ajat ovat GMT + 2 tuntia
Sivu 1 Yht. 1

Siirry:  
Et voi kirjoittaa uusia viestejä tässä foorumissa
Et voi vastata viesteihin tässä foorumissa
Et voi muokata viestejäsi tässä foorumissa
Et voi poistaa viestejäsi tässä foorumissa
Et voi äänestää tässä foorumissa
Et voi liittää tiedostoja tässä foorumissa
Et voi ladata tiedostoja tässä foorumissa