Thaimaa-info.com Foorumin päävalikko Thaimaa-info.com

ValokuvakansioValokuvakansio  OhjeOhje   HakuHaku   KäyttäjälistaKäyttäjälista   KäyttäjäryhmätKäyttäjäryhmät   RekisteröidyRekisteröidy 
 KäyttäjätiedotKäyttäjätiedot   SudokuSudoku   Kirjaudu sisään tarkistaaksesi yksityiset viestitKirjaudu sisään tarkistaaksesi yksityiset viestit   Kirjaudu sisäänKirjaudu sisään 

Travelling in North-Western Vietnam

Lähetä uusi viesti   Vastaa viestiin   tulostus ystävällinen näkymä    Thaimaa-info.com Foorumin päävalikko -> English forum
Näytä edellinen aihe :: Näytä seuraava aihe  
Kirjoittaja Viesti
Voitto Lippu
Administrator ผู้บริหาร

LähetäLähetetty: 26.9.2005 13:34    Viestin aihe: Travelling in North-Western Vietnam Vastaa lainaamalla viestiä

Linh wrote:

Lainaus:
I'm just back from a trip to North West Loops of Vietnam. Around 700km driving in 2 days * Hanoi - Van Chan - Taxilang - Nghia Lo - Tu Le. It was so great and also dangerous,

I suppose you went to see some minority villages in the mountainous areas. 700 km is a lot of driving, particularly if the roads are not too good. Is that what made it dangerous? In which provinces are these places?

Ei sillä ole väliä onko kissa musta vai valkoinen, kunhan se vaan pyydystää hiiriä.

Niin Kaukana Bambulehdosta
Takaisin alkuun
Näytä käyttäjän tiedot Lähetä yksityinen viesti
linktolinh

LähetäLähetetty: 27.9.2005 5:52    Viestin aihe: Vastaa lainaamalla viestiä

North-West of Vietnam is a challange name for motorbike adventure travellers. All small roads run from valleys to moutains and moutains to valley, the nature senses are speachless beauty, you just drive among sky and ground and you feel nearest to the feeling of freedom. Many km on the way are off-roads, car can not go through, normally we decided before trips which kind of bike should we use: the off-road/dirt bike 250 or just simply wave110, Honda110 because year around the road change after rain, storm. The road today still look OK to run but just after a rain rock and soil will block it up and we have to open a small lane to bring our bike through, and the bike suppose not too heavy.

The further you go up North the more difficult the roads are, some area you need paper to get in to visit (to prove you from an organization, you are jonalist or traveller), sometime it's impossible for a foreigner to enter but many westener work in Media industry travelling around with the MINSK for months here.

We all want to discover the most remote area or reach the farest border between Vietnam and China or Laos, discover the most dangerous road to get over ourself... sometime it sounds like crazy but when we came back to the city we have the feeling that " I did it - Just do it" and we love our country more and more.

The trip I took last weekend is a short trip, I'm a beginner in moutain bike travel. 700km is the total distance of trip ( go and back) and we can only run 70 - 80 km/h maximum in main road, slow down when go up and down moutain curves and finnaly when we reach off-road area we have to push our bike or simply walk.

Hanoi - Van Chan 200km. This route go through Phu Tho province, a very famous place of green tea farms. Van Chan - Ta Xi Lang: 25km off road, the road is opened only for the H'mong and Meo people to get from their remote villages to Van Chan town. Taxilang is a very famous for the Pomu trees, a very expensive wood kind, high quality, good smeel... the government has been fighting for years to stop the people from cutting down this tree and sell them around. But it's too difficult to keep the action in this area since people need money for their family, the roads are too small and dangerous to get in and controlling, so the gov gave up, only checking 1/month...

Most of the road go straight up 45o, and go down 20 - 30o. It's mostly 4- 6m wide, 1 side is moutain 1 side is abyss if you do a mistake, you will die,

I have my writting and pictures on a travel forum for Vietnamese. If you have time please check it out, now the topic there has 5 pages already.
Enjoy

http://ttvnol.com/f_233/578772/trang-1.ttvn

http://ttvnol.com/f_233/578772/trang-2.ttvn

Many nice pics in this page:
http://ttvnol.com/f_233/578772/trang-4.ttvn

http://ttvnol.com/f_233/578772/trang-5.ttvn

Will come back with more stories

I ovn
Khun ขุน

LähetäLähetetty: 27.9.2005 7:07    Viestin aihe: Vastaa lainaamalla viestiä

Very nice pictures and now I understand why you choose to go with bikes.
Takaisin alkuun
Voitto Lippu
Administrator ผู้บริหาร

LähetäLähetetty: 27.9.2005 15:32    Viestin aihe: Vastaa lainaamalla viestiä

Beautiful sceneries and yes, now I understand why it can be dangerous. I suppose you need to have a good head for heights at some stretches there as the road looks pretty narrow and it's a long way down. My thumps will go up for you for taking part in something that exciting and different. aalto clapping kymppi

Ei sillä ole väliä onko kissa musta vai valkoinen, kunhan se vaan pyydystää hiiriä.

Niin Kaukana Bambulehdosta
Takaisin alkuun
Näytä edelliset viestit:   
Lähetä uusi viesti   Vastaa viestiin   tulostus ystävällinen näkymä    Thaimaa-info.com Foorumin päävalikko -> English forum Kaikki ajat ovat GMT + 2 tuntia
Sivu 1 Yht. 1

Siirry:  
Et voi kirjoittaa uusia viestejä tässä foorumissa
Et voi vastata viesteihin tässä foorumissa
Et voi muokata viestejäsi tässä foorumissa
Et voi poistaa viestejäsi tässä foorumissa
Et voi äänestää tässä foorumissa
Et voi liittää tiedostoja tässä foorumissa
Et voi ladata tiedostoja tässä foorumissa